ARO Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps are designed for general use. They can easily pump from clean, light viscosity fluids to corrosive, abrasive medium viscosity fluids and can transfer large particles without damage. Due to their pneumatic motor, they can be used in potentially explosive areas. Most of the ARO Diaphragm Pumps are ATEX cetified (CE Exll 2GD X)
ARO diaphragm pumps offer the ability to vary the flow outlet and discharge pressure as low as one litre (gallon) per minute up to 1040 litres (275 gallons) per minute for our larger sizes and adjust fluid pressure up to 8.6 bars (125 psi), using just an air filter/regulator or a needle valve.
These pumps are self-priming up to an elevation of 8.3 m (27.3 feet) with water and can operate dry without any damage. if the fluid outlet is closed, the pump stops; it restarts with the reopening of the fluid circuit; no pressure relief valve or bypass is necessary.
The ARO range of diaphragm pumps offers many materials of construction ideal for the chemical industry: our metallic offering consists of alluminium, cast iron, stainless steel and Hastelloy. Our non-metallic offering consists of polypropylene, acetal and PVDF.
ARO piston pumps provide industry proven dependability, economy and precision control for the delivery of a wide range of flowable materials. Whether you are moving a small amount of low viscosity fluid a few feet or a large amount of high viscosity material a longer distance, ARO has a pump to meet your application needs.
At the heart of ARO-Force piston pumps are superior air motors, featuring our proprietary AFX technology. With only five moving parts, our air motors are truly advanced yet simple. No other air motor out there delivers the precise performance, flexibility, and simplicity of an AFX air motor.
- Minimized failure risk due to fewer moving parts
- True Link Valve™ virtually eliminates pulse profile.
- No springs to fail due to fatigue or corrosion.
- Requires no lubrication and no lubricator installation.
- Backed by a 5-year warranty.
We incorporated important features to make our AFX air motors safe (dump pressure manually, groundable / ATEX-compliant, standard muffler).
- Plunger rods and cylinder tubes feature the exclusive ARO ceramic ultra-coating, extending service life up to twice as long.
- Chrome-plated stainless steel plungers for superior resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Eight packing options are available, including ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE), for even better material compatibility and maximum abrasion resistance.